Made this for a small dinner party. Everyone loved it. Our guests had never had Tetrazzini. Made it that afternoon and baked it later that night. I added more cheese, more salt, more pepper. and less peas. I added bacon on top. I used whole wheat spaghetti, two cans of chicken breast and whole wheat french bread. I also added a little garlic salt to the bread crumbs.With a side salad this was a hit! I will make this again.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 33.2g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 573mg
- Calcium: 249mg
- 10 ounce uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated low-fat milk
- 2.5 ounces grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 ounce 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 ounces French bread baguette, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 3. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add stock and milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
- 4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion, garlic, and thyme; sauté 3 minutes. Add wine; cook 1 minute. Combine milk mixture, mushroom mixture, pasta, chicken, and peas; toss to combine. Spoon the pasta mixture into a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 5. Place bread in a food processor; drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Process until coarse crumbs form. Combine breadcrumbs and remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano; sprinkle evenly over pasta. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Top with parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This