Community Recipe from
- 4 pound(s) whole chicken
- 6 ounce(s) spaghetti
- 1/4 pound(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 pint(s) milk
- 1 med whole(s) onion chopped
- 4 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 6 ounce(s) Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 ounce(s) American cheese
- 1 can(s) Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Ritz cracker crumbs if desired as topping***
- Boil the chicken. Then remove the cooked chicken from pot retaining broth.
- Cut chicken into small pieces. Put to side. Run broth through strainer to clean out chicken debris and return to heat Add spaghetti to water and cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking - In a bowl mix the flour and milk until flour dissolves.
- In a second large pot, add butter and heat until melted. Add celery and onions and sweat until tender. Then add flour mixture to pot. Heat slightly. Add soup and heat slightly Then add cheeses and stir mixture until all cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Drain cooked pasta and add to pot with cheese mixture. Add cut chicken. MIx well then pour into a large casserole dish.
- Bake at 375 for approximate 45 minutes or until done.
- ***If you want the Ritz cracker topping add on in after 40 minutes and cook for additional 5 minutes or until done.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by qabowman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes