- 8 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 cup(s) chicken stock
- 4 cup(s) cooked and chopped up chicken
- 1/2 cup(s) dry sherry
- 1/3 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan
- 3/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 pound(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound(s) thin spaghetti or vermicelli
- Saute mushrooms in 3 tablespoons butter until thoroughly heated and limp.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In large sauce pan, melt 5 tablespoons of butter. Stir in flour. Gradually add chicken stock until slightly thickened (I let the chicken stock mixture get hot). Heat the heavy whipping cream in the microwave (1 to 1.5 minutes). Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and heated heavy whipping cream to chicken stock mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add sherry and mix well.
- Mix sauce with mushrooms, chicken and noodles. Put mixture in a greased pan.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese, then paprika on top of mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- If freezing or eating later, bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Freeze or refrigerate. Before reheating, return to room tempurature. Reheat at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by alikat95 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles