One of my personal favorites and most requested by friends and family. I make it exactly by the recipe and it makes a LOT. Be nice and share the 2nd dish or just invite a crowd :-)
More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-ounce) package vermicelli
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (see recipes on page 166)
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (6-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Prepare vermicelli according to package directions; drain. Return to pot, and toss with chicken broth.
- Stir together chopped cooked chicken and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl; add vermicelli, and toss well. Spoon mixture into 2 lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dishes. Sprinkle evenly with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Note: Freeze unbaked casserole up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw casserole overnight in refrigerator. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature, and bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes