Very good. Took some time to make since I had to cook the chicken before hand. I used Reduced Fat Bisquick, Whole Grain Thin Spagetti, 1% Milk, Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese, Smart Balance Spread, and Wheat Bread to make it more healthier. Would make it for any occasion.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 medium-size sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 12 ounces vermicelli, cooked
- 1 (6-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add diced onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk in flour until smooth, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk and wine; cook, whisking constantly, 5 to 6 minutes or until thickened.
- Add bouillon granules, seasoned pepper, and 1 cup cheese. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until bouillon granules dissolve and cheese melts. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken, pasta, and mushrooms. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake chicken mixture, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup cheese, breadcrumbs, and 2 tablespoons melted butter, and sprinkle evenly over casserole. Bake casserole 10 to 15 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes