Very good. Took some time to make since I had to cook the chicken before hand. I used Reduced Fat Bisquick, Whole Grain Thin Spagetti, 1% Milk, Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese, Smart Balance Spread, and Wheat Bread to make it more healthier. Would make it for any occasion.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 medium-size sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 12 ounces vermicelli, cooked
- 1 (6-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add diced onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk in flour until smooth, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk and wine; cook, whisking constantly, 5 to 6 minutes or until thickened.
- Add bouillon granules, seasoned pepper, and 1 cup cheese. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until bouillon granules dissolve and cheese melts. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken, pasta, and mushrooms. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake chicken mixture, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup cheese, breadcrumbs, and 2 tablespoons melted butter, and sprinkle evenly over casserole. Bake casserole 10 to 15 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note