I thought this was ok but not great. We did leave out the mushrooms since we don't like those. I think if I were to make it again I would cut down on the sherry because I thought it was over powering. Also, it seemed a bit bland. I'm not sure I would make this version again but will try the variations.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted*
- 1 (10-ounce) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce*
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 7 ounces vermicelli, cooked
- Stir together chicken, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and next 7 ingredients; stir in pasta. Spoon mixture into 6 lightly greased 6-ounce baking dishes or an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- *Reduce-sodium, reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup and lighit alfredo sauce may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This