This came from Dr. Oz's website as a healthy alternative to the usual fatty mexican recipes. I modified it just a bit and really like this version. I serve it with guacamole but I made my own guacamole avocados and the 'mix' they sell at the grocery to ensure it was as healthy as possible.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounce(s) shredded monterey jack cheese (or mexican mix)
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh cilantro (doesn't HAVE to be fresh)
- 1 teaspoon(s) chives chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 16 piece(s) corn tortillas
- Canola Oil Cooking Spray (or oil spray of your choice
- Add water to large saucepan and bring to boil over high heat. Add chicken and salt. Bring just to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from pan, discard cooking water; shred chicken into thin strips. In medium bowl combine chicken, cheese,herbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat tortillas on griddle until pliable. Place thin strip of filling lengthwise on tortillas and roll tightly in flute shape. Secure with wooden toothpicks. Mist taquito with cooking oil. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake filled taquitos in cooking pan 8-10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by chriscarp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note