This was probably the best chicken taco recipe I've made from this site. I basically made it as written but made a couple of small changes. I doubled the spice mixture and used smoked hot paprika instead of the regular paprika and omitted the red pepper. I then sliced the chicken and tossed it in the spice mixture so more pieces were coated. I also chopped the chicken into small pieces which we find easier to handle in the tortilla. I will definitely make this one again!
Chicken Tacos with Mango-Avocado Salsa
Your family will thank you when these chicken tacos hit the table. We left the seeds in the jalapeño for a spicy kick; omit them if you prefer a mild salsa.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 379
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 43.4g
- Carbohydrate: 33.1g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 643mg
- Calcium: 124mg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup prechopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine first 4 ingredients; stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt. Rub over chicken. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 2. While chicken cooks, combine mango and next 6 ingredients (through jalapeño); stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3. Heat tortillas according to package directions; top with chicken and salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note