Chicken Tacos Verde
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 248
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 21.4g
- Carbohydrate: 25.9g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 478mg
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Calcium: 64mg
- 1 pound tomatillos
- 1 1/4 cups sliced onion (1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeÃ±o pepper (about 2 peppers)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Anaheim chiles, seeded and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 (7-inch) 97%-fat-free flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Discard husks and stems from tomatillos. Cut each tomatillo in half. Combine tomatillos and next 5 ingredients in a bowl; toss well. Arrange tomatillo mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until tomatillos are tender.
- Place tomatillo mixture in a food processor; pulse 13 times or until chopped. Pour mixture into a large nonstick skillet. Add broth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and salt.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture on one-half of each tortilla, and fold in half. Top each taco with 1 tablespoon sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes