- 1 pound tomatillos
- 1 1/4 cups sliced onion (1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeño pepper (about 2 peppers)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Anaheim chiles, seeded and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 (7-inch) 97%-fat-free flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- calories 248
- fat 6.6 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- protein 21.4 g
- carbohydrate 25.9 g
- cholesterol 46 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 478 mg
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fiber 2.6 g
- calcium 64 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Discard husks and stems from tomatillos. Cut each tomatillo in half. Combine tomatillos and next 5 ingredients in a bowl; toss well. Arrange tomatillo mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until tomatillos are tender.
Place tomatillo mixture in a food processor; pulse 13 times or until chopped. Pour mixture into a large nonstick skillet. Add broth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and salt.
Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture on one-half of each tortilla, and fold in half. Top each taco with 1 tablespoon sour cream.