SO GOOD!! Simple, too!! Ate left over salsa with chips. Will make again!!
Chicken Tacos with Mango-Avocado Salsa
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 392
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 42.4g
- Carbohydrate: 33.1g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 711mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 4 (8-inch) brown rice tortillas (such as Food for Life)
- 1. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine first 4 ingredients; stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt. Rub over chicken. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 2. While chicken cooks, combine mango and next 6 ingredients; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3. Warm tortillas; top evenly with chicken and salsa.
Since gluten-free tortillas are stored in the refrigerator, they'll need to be warmed to prevent breaking. Steam them by placing each tortilla on a splatter guard set over a pan of simmering water. Cover with a lid, and heat about 5 to 10 seconds or until they're soft and pliable. They're best when filled and eaten immediately after steaming.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This