- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups sliced napa cabbage
- Sour cream, hot sauce, sliced radishes and additional toppings, optional
- calories 377
- fat 16 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 38 g
- fiber 8 g
- cholesterol 118 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 596 mg
- calcium 146 mg
How to Make It
Combine vinegar, honey and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Stir in onion. Let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for at least 30 minutes.
Pulse peas, avocado, chopped cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, garlic, 1/2 tsp. cumin and 1/4 tsp. salt in a food processor until combined but not smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
Mix 1 Tbsp. oil, chili powder, remaining 1 tsp. cumin and 1/2 tsp. salt in a small bowl. Rub chicken all over with spice mixture. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken, turning, until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes on a cutting board, then shred. Drain onion.
Fill tortillas with cabbage, pea guacamole, chicken, pickled onions and additional toppings, if desired. Garnish with cilantro sprigs. Serve immediately.