Chicken Taco Salad
Using rotisserie chicken helps you pull this convenient dish together in a flash.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 295
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 23.2g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 665mg
- Calcium: 73mg
- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 3/8 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken thigh or drumstick
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2/3 cup organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Cut tortillas into 1/4-inch-thick strips. Place tortillas on a jelly-roll pan. Lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray; sprinkle with chipotle pepper. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes. Cool.
- 3. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add salsa and cheese to pan; cook 4 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring to combine. Stir in chicken; cook 1 minute. Stir in onions and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Remove chicken mixture from pan; keep warm. Rinse pan with water. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add beans, corn, and red bell pepper to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- 4. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add lettuce to bowl; toss to coat. Place about 1 cup lettuce mixture on each of 6 plates; top each serving with about 3/4 cup chicken mixture and 1/3 cup corn mixture. Sprinkle with tortilla strips and radishes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note