Chicken Taco Mac
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) boneless chicken breast
- 1 box(es) garden radiatore or rotini pasta
- 1 whole(s) sweet red pepper cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 8 ounce(s) pepper jack cheese shredded (about 2 cups)
- 3 whole(s) scallions trimmed and sliced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) lime flavored tortilla chips crushed
- 1. Bring a large pot of water just to boiling. Add chicken breast and reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cook chicken in barely simmering water for 12 minutes. Remove to cutting board; return water to boiling; add a little salt to the water.
- 2. Add pasta to boiling water and cook as per package directions, 9 minutes. Add pepper during last minute of cook time. Drain.
- 3. Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, chili powder and salt. Add milk in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in shredded cheese.
- 4. With two forks or your hands, shred chicken into bite-size pieces. In large bowl, combine pasta and pepper, chicken, scallions and cheese sauce. Stir until blended; top with crushed chips and serve.
- Makes: 6 servings
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MsMariaL and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Taco Mac Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes