Chicken Taco Casserole
- 12 ounce(s) chicken breast strips
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1 whole(s) onion medium, thinly sliced
- 1 package(s) 10oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 cup(s) salsa
- 4 whole(s) 6 inch corn tortillas coarsely torn
- 3 ounce(s) monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 whole(s) avocado halved, seeded, peeled, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. In a medium bowl toss together chicken, garlic, and chili powder. Add to hot skillet. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- 2. Add canola oil to skillet. Add onion and sweet pepper. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach.
- 3. Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with cooking spray. Spread about 1/2 cup of the salsa in the baking dish. Top with half of the tortilla pieces, half of the chicken mixture, and half of the vegetable mixture. Pour half of the remaining salsa over the vegetables and top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers once, except do not top with the remaining cheese.
- 4. Bake, covered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with cherry tomatoes, chopped avocado, and/or corn chips.
- Website: http://www.bhg.com/recipes/quick-easy/make-ahead-meals/casserole-recipes/#page=2
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hlindensmith and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Taco Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes