This recipe gets my highest praise! I took a chance and made this for my extended family over the 4th of July Holiday. I doubled it and used Emeril's Southwest spice blend, which really "kicked it up a notch!". Everyone loved it and it was so nice to throw everything in my big crockpot and go swim and play with my family all day. I will be doing this one again!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bag(s) Frozen Chicken Breast (I used generic Great Value) (No need to defrost)
- 3 tablespoon(s) Taco seasoning (I use generic Great Value)
- 1/2 whole(s) Medium Onion or a whole small sliced or cubed
- 1/2 bottle(s) generic mild salsa (or Medium of you prefer a spicier chicken)
- 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 1 bag(s) Soft Flour Tortillas (corn flour or hard taco shells will work to
- 1 bag(s) Taco Shredded Cheese (I use generic Great Value)
- 1 bottle(s) Ranch Dressing (Generic works well)
- 1 bunch(es) Cilantro
- 1/2 head(s) Lettuce shredded thin
- Place frozen chicken breasts in crock pot, sprinkle taco seasoning, a couple of sprigs of cilantro (depending on how much you like) onions and salsa on top of chicken. Add water, set to low and cover crock pot allow to cook for minimum 6-8 hours for a more tender, easier to shred chicken.
- Warm tortilla's on a stove top non stick skillet
- Fill tortilla with a couple spoonfuls of chicken,
- Top with Shredded cheese, Lettuce (you can add diced tomato's but I think the tomato in the salsa is enough) and a bit of cilantro
- Drizzle with Ranch Dressing
- Serve with rice, for a more authentic tasting rice place a few sprigs of cilantro in rice pot as the rice steams)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by crvegas1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note