An interesting spin on Taboulleh. We loved the dressing, although it was too thick to "drizzle". I just tossed the dressing with everything else. Looking forward to leftovers! I will definitely make this again. I used fat free Greek yogurt as someone else did and it was great.
Chicken Tabbouleh with Tahini Drizzle
One sure sign that the bulgur is done is that little holes will form on top.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 37 Minutes
- Calories: 395
- Fat: 18.2g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Protein: 21.5g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 10.9g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 573mg
- Calcium: 127mg
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Combine 1 1/4 cups water, 1 cup bulgur, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes (do not stir) or until the liquid almost evaporates. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Place bulgur in a medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Sauté for 4 minutes on each side or until done; shred chicken. Combine bulgur, chicken, tomato, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl; toss gently.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, tahini, and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note