Chicken Sweet Potato Stir Fry
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) Quinoa
- 1 whole(s) Medium Sweet Potato
- 4 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 12 ounce(s) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 whole(s) Medium onion
- 1 whole(s) jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- 1 whole(s) medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 whole(s) clove garlic miced
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Combine water and quinoa in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until liquid has been absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 2.Put sweet potato in small saucepan with enough cold water to cover by 2" while quinoa is cooking. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- 3.Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in large nonstick frying pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- 4.Return pan to heat and add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Stir in onion and jalapeno pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add bell pepper, garlic, and cumin. Cook until vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in peas and reserved chicken and cook 2 minutes. Add quinoa and sweet potato. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro, salt, and black pepper.
- Recipe Notes
- Flavor Up Some of the big tastes in Mexican food--cumin, jalapeno, and cilantro as well as garlic, onion, and black pepper-contribute mouth watering zest to this not-so-south-of-the-border dish.
- Nutritional Factsper serving
- 310.6 CAL
- 8.6 G
- SATURATED FAT
- 1 G
- 290.7 MG
- 33.5 G
- TOTAL SUGARS
- 7.3 G
- DIETARY FIBER
- 6.1 G
- 24.4 G
- SEE MORE NUTRITIONAL FACTS >
- Retrieved from: Prevention.com
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandjp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes