Chicken Sweet Potato Stir Fry
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) Quinoa
- 1 whole(s) Medium Sweet Potato
- 4 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 12 ounce(s) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 whole(s) Medium onion
- 1 whole(s) jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- 1 whole(s) medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 whole(s) clove garlic miced
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Combine water and quinoa in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until liquid has been absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 2.Put sweet potato in small saucepan with enough cold water to cover by 2" while quinoa is cooking. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- 3.Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in large nonstick frying pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- 4.Return pan to heat and add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Stir in onion and jalapeno pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add bell pepper, garlic, and cumin. Cook until vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in peas and reserved chicken and cook 2 minutes. Add quinoa and sweet potato. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro, salt, and black pepper.
- Recipe Notes
- Flavor Up Some of the big tastes in Mexican food--cumin, jalapeno, and cilantro as well as garlic, onion, and black pepper-contribute mouth watering zest to this not-so-south-of-the-border dish.
- Nutritional Factsper serving
- 310.6 CAL
- 8.6 G
- SATURATED FAT
- 1 G
- 290.7 MG
- 33.5 G
- TOTAL SUGARS
- 7.3 G
- DIETARY FIBER
- 6.1 G
- 24.4 G
- SEE MORE NUTRITIONAL FACTS >
- Retrieved from: Prevention.com
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandjp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note