Great flavor. So easy! This will be a definite go-to.
Chicken & Summer Vegetable Tostadas
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 371
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 30.8g
- Carbohydrate: 36.4g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 740mg
- Calcium: 182mg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup chopped red onion (about 1)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 3 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring well. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over chicken. Add chicken to pan; sauté for 3 minutes. Add onion, corn, and zucchini to pan; sauté for 2 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in salsa and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently.
- Working with 2 tortillas at a time, arrange tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet; lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray. Broil 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla; sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup cheese. Broil an additional 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese. Sprinkle each serving with about 3/4 teaspoon of remaining cilantro. Serve immediately.
This recipe originally ran in Cooking Light August, 2006 and was updated for the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes