Chicken and Summer Vegetable Stew
Add lots of crunch and color to any meal with just-picked corn on the cob.
Yield: 6 Servings
Cost per Serving: $2.22
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 381
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- 2 chicken breast halves on the bone (about 12 oz. each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups yellow corn (from about 3 medium ears)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 oz.) box frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives(1/2-inch lengths)
- Season chicken breasts with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper and sprinkle with flour. Heat olive oil in a heavy, 2 1/2-quart pot over medium heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and cook, covered, until nicely golden, about 7 minutes. Turn chicken breasts over, cover and cook until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife, about 8 minutes. Remove chicken from heat, transfer to a board and let cool. Set pot aside.
- In same pot chicken was cooked in, melt butter over medium heat. Add squash, zucchini, lima beans and corn and cook, stirring often, until squash is wilted, 4 to 5 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, cut chicken into 3/4-inch chunks. Add to vegetables along with tomato and broth. Season with remaining 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper and cook, stirring until heated through, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle chives on top just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews