I definitely would make this for guests but for now the family loved it. Its easy, elegant and nutritious. I didn't have chicken broth so I just deglazed with a nice pinot grigio and popped it into the oven for an additional 10 mins over the 15 mins in the recipe. I like chicken to be done and since it was steaming in liquid I wasn't concerned it would dry out. Excellent! Also for the spices I just used herbs de Provence which just seems easier.
Chicken Stuffed with Spinach, Feta, and Pine Nuts
This chicken recipe is filled with Mediterranean flavors and pairs well with couscous. Use mozzarella or provolone for a milder kid's dish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 43.3g
- Carbohydrate: 3.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 493mg
- Calcium: 131mg
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach to pan; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, tossing constantly. Place spinach in a colander; press until barely moist. Wipe pan clean.
- 3. Combine spinach, cheese, nuts, thyme, juice, and garlic. Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 3 tablespoons filling into each pocket. Seal with wooden picks. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until brown. Add broth, and cover pan. Place pan in oven. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note