- 5 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- calories 297
- fat 11.6 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 4.4 g
- polyfat 2.4 g
- protein 43.3 g
- carbohydrate 3.4 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- cholesterol 111 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 493 mg
- calcium 131 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach to pan; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, tossing constantly. Place spinach in a colander; press until barely moist. Wipe pan clean.
Combine spinach, cheese, nuts, thyme, juice, and garlic. Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 3 tablespoons filling into each pocket. Seal with wooden picks. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until brown. Add broth, and cover pan. Place pan in oven. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until done.