- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (25.5-ounce) jar fat-free Italian herb pasta sauce
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 3 cups hot cooked fettuccine (about 6 ounces uncooked pasta)
- calories 503
- caloriesfromfat 15 %
- fat 8.3 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 57.2 g
- carbohydrate 48.1 g
- fiber 5.5 g
- cholesterol 112 mg
- iron 3.8 mg
- sodium 785 mg
- calcium 137 mg
How to Make It
Combine goat cheese, 2 tablespoons basil, and minced garlic; set aside.
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each half to a 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Divide the cheese mixture evenly among breast halves. Roll up jelly-roll fashion. Tuck in sides; secure each roll with wooden picks.
Heat the pasta sauce and whole garlic cloves in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken. Cover and cook 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve over pasta. Garnish with 1 tablespoon basil.