This was absolutely awful. Normally I love recipes on here but these were terrible. I cooked on medium high heat and the outsides were burnt and the crust was gooey, not crisp at all. The flavor was bland and I even added extra hot sauce after reading other reviews. The dressing was also nasty.Way too much mayo flavor. This was a horrible disappointment.
Chicken Strips with Blue Cheese Dressing
Pair this fiery entrée with cool, crunchy carrot and celery sticks.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 3 chicken tenders and 2 tablespoons dressing)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 281
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 30.8g
- Carbohydrate: 18.4g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 771mg
- Calcium: 101mg
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare chicken, combine buttermilk and hot sauce in a shallow dish. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, and dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan. Set aside, and keep warm.
- While chicken cooks, prepare the dressing. Combine fat-free mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl. Serve with chicken strips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes