1. Stir almonds just until golden in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat, about 4 minutes. Pour out of pan.
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Mix tarragon, garlic, and oil. Rub all over chicken to coat.
3. Set frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add chicken and cook, turning once, until meat is white in center of thickest part (cut to test), 8 to 10 minutes total. Remove from pan. Use warm or let cool.
4. To make the salad dressing, mix mayonnaise with lemon juice, sugar, and poppy seed.
5. Combine salad mix with strawberries and half the dressing. Mound salad equally on dinner plates and set chicken alongside or on top.
6. Drizzle chicken with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Add salt and pepper to taste.