You can also use your slow cooker to make this stock. Halve the recipe and cook in a 4-6 quart slow cooker, on low for 8-10 hours or on high 5-6 hours. (makes 6 cups)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 pound(s) bone-in chicken pieces,preferably necks,backs & wings
- 4 stalk(s) celery sliced
- 4 carrots sliced
- 2 large onions sliced
- 4 sprig(s) fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon(s) black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1. In a large pot, combine the chicken,celery,carrots,onions,parsley,peppercorns,bay leaves, and 16 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, for 2 hours, occasionally skimming off and discarding any foam that rises to the top.
- 2. Strain the stock through a fine-mesh sieve and discard any fat that rises to the top. The stock can be refrigerated for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Stock Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments