Very easy and good. I used left-over rotisserie chicken and orange, yellow and red peppers I roasted myself. Crusty bread for dipping the broth, my husband and son loved it.
Chicken Stew with Sweet Peppers
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 262
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 28.3g
- Carbohydrate: 28.8g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 455mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup canned chopped green chiles, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped Roasted Bell Peppers
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and chicken; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add zucchini and next 9 ingredients (zucchini through broth); bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add bell peppers, and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Note: Store stew in refrigerator up to 2 days. Reheat in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated; sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note