- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons each salt and freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and minced
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 1 package (8 oz.) thawed frozen artichoke hearts, quartered if large
- 1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup pitted medium green olives
- Lemon wedges
- calories 385
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- protein 29 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- carbohydrate 32 g
- fiber 6.8 g
- sodium 2171 mg
- cholesterol 94 mg
How to Make It
Cut each chicken thigh into 2 or 3 chunks. In a resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add chicken, seal, and shake to coat.
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken (discard excess flour) in a single layer and cook, turning once, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic, capers, and lemon zest and stir just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine and simmer, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan, until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add broth, potatoes, and chicken and return to a simmer. Lower heat slightly to maintain simmer, cover, and cook 10 minutes.
Add artichokes to pot and stir. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in parsley, lemon juice to taste, and olives. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, with lemon wedges on the side.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
To save prep time, cube the potatoes or mince the garlic and capers while the chicken browns. Then, while the stew simmers, you can chop the parsley and juice the lemon.