It's ok but not very interesting. Given there are lots of other slow cooker chicken recipes that don't require you to brown the chicken first, I wouldn't bother to make it again.
Chicken Stew with Green Olives
This Mediterranean-style chicken stew gets its rich and savory flavor from garlic, cumin, and turmeric. The chicken is cooked with tomatoes and green olives and topped with toasted almonds, making it a colorful and satisfying one-dish meal.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 382
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 40g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3 lb.) quartered chicken, skinned
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place tomatoes, 1 cup broth, onion, garlic, cumin, paprika and turmeric into slow cooker.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, place in skillet and cook, turning, until browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker. Pour remaining 1/2 cup broth into skillet, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Pour liquid into slow cooker.
- Cook chicken on high for 4 hours. Thirty minutes before chicken is finished, stir in olives and lemon peel.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; let cool. Remove meat from bones, then return loose meat to slow cooker.
- Serve stew on top of cooked couscous and sprinkle with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note