Give this stew a little crunch by lightly sprinkling almonds on top. The consistencies of the ingredients will mesh nicely with the flavors.
Oxmoor House SEPTEMBER 2012
1. Place tomatoes, 1 cup broth, and next 5 ingredients (through turmeric) in an electric slow cooker.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Add chicken to pan; cook chicken about 8 minutes, browning on all sides. Place in slow cooker. Pour remaining 1/2 cup broth into pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Pour liquid into slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Thirty minutes before end of cooking time, stir in olives and rind.
4. Remove chicken from slow cooker; cool. Remove meat from bones; return meat to slow cooker. Discard bones.
5. Serve stew over couscous, and sprinkle with almonds.
Go to full version of