Chicken Stew with Biscuits
Your meat, veggies and bread are all combined in one hearty stew!
Yield: serves 4 to 6
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 (.87-oz.) pkgs. chicken and gravy mix
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 small carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 (16.3-oz.) tube refrigerated large buttermilk, biscuits, baked
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a 3 1/3- or 4-quart slow cooker; stir until blended. Add carrots, chicken and onion; cover and cook on high setting one hour. Reduce heat to low setting and cook 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir together flour and cold water until smooth in a small bowl. Gradually stir into slow cooker; cover and cook one more hour.
- Pour stew into individual bowls; sprinkle with black pepper, if desired, and top with biscuits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This