Tasty sauce. Love that it was quick and not too difficult to make.
Chicken Steamed Over Ginger-Garlic Rice
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 730
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 48g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 82g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sodium: 1214mg
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- 2 shallots, halved
- 2 1/4-in. piece ginger, peeled and thickly sliced, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lbs. total)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 2 scant tbsp. lime juice, plus 2 limes
- 1 green jalapeño chile, sliced and stemmed
- 1 red jalapeño chile, sliced and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1. Whirl shallots, 2 slices ginger, and 1 garlic clove in a food processor until well chopped. Heat vegetable oil in a 5- to 6-qt. dutch oven over medium heat. Add shallot mixture and cook, stirring, until garlic begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Add rice and stir until well coated in oil.
- 2. Stir in broth and place chicken on top of rice. Cover and cook, without stirring, until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, purée green onions, remaining ginger and garlic, the cilantro, lime juice, green jalapeño, soy sauce, sesame oil, and 2 tbsp. water in a blender. Transfer to a bowl. Cut limes into wedges.
- 4. Lift chicken from pot and slice. Transfer rice to a platter and arrange chicken on top. Serve with limes, sliced red jalapeño and cucumber, and cilantro-ginger sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving, with 2 tbsp. sauce
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note