Community Recipe from
- 1-2lb Broiler fryer chicken
- 2lbs. Yellow squash (1/4 inch slices)
- 1/3 cup Water
- 2large Carrots, scraped and shredded
- 1 Medium onion
- 18oz Carton of sour cream
- 1103/4 oz Can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 11/2cups Chicken flavored one-step stuffing mix
- 1/4cup Butter or marg. melted
- Cook chicken in Dutch oven in boiling water to cover 45 minutes or until tender;drain. Cool chicken;skin and bone. Cut meat into bite-size pieces.
- Combine squash and water in a medium saucepan;bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 mins or until tender, drain between paper towels.
- Combine squash, carrot and onion; toss gently; and set aside.
- Combine sour cream and next 3ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken and squash mixture to sour cream mixture, stirring to blend.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Combine stuffing mix and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes it until bubbly
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Pat Fallon and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken-SquashCasserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles