- 2 pounds yellow squash, sliced
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups soft, fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 cups (12 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Place first 3 ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, folding back a small edge to allow steam to escape. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes or until squash is tender; drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Drain tomatoes well, pressing between paper towels. Stir together tomatoes, chicken, and next 4 ingredients. Layer one-third each soup mixture, squash mixture, breadcrumbs, and Cheddar cheese in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Repeat layers twice. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or until bubbly and edges are golden. Uncover and cook on HIGH 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.