Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (optional)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Process first 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Turn blender on high, and add vegetable oil in a slow, steady stream. Pour mixture into a serving bowl, and stir in poppy seeds, if desired. Chill.
- Bake almonds in a shallow pan at 350°, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Place torn spinach on individual serving plates; top with sliced strawberries, kiwifruit, chicken, and toasted almonds. Serve with dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This