chicken & spinach pesto lasagna
Chicken, spinach and pesto sauce make a delicious lasagna casserole. You can substitute mushrooms for the chicken if you prefer a meatless dish.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 3 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 2 package(s) frozen, chopped spinach
- 3 cup(s) cooked chicken chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 cup(s) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cup(s) prepared pesto sauce, plus 2 T
- 3/4 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. spray 13x9 casserole or lasagna pan with cooking spray.
- 3. partially cook lasagna noodles, according to package directions.
- 4. Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Cook and stir onions and garlic untiil transparent. Add drained spinach, cook and stir about 5 minutes. Add chicken and stir, cook for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. In large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, egg, 1.5 cups pesto sauce, and parmesan cheese until thoroughly blended. Add the chicken and spinach mixture to the bowl and stir to combine.
- 6. Spread 2T pesto sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 7. Layer 4 lasagna noodles , slightly overlapping. Top with one third of the ricotta spinach mixture and one third of the mozzarella. Repeat layers twice.
- 8. Bake about 35 minutes until hot and bubbly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lybargck and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note