I've made this several times and it always gets rave reviews! I use rotisserie chicken (to save time) and fontina cheese which seems to go better with the dish. Inside each crepe I also add about a tablespoon of cheese with the chicken. These are a winner!
Chicken, Spinach, and Mushroom Crepes
Fill tender crepes with a creamy mixture of chicken, cheese, frozen chopped spinach and sliced mushrooms for an elegant but easy weeknight meal. You can make the Basic Crepes ahead of time and freeze them until you're ready to use them in a recipe.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 411
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 6.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 40.1g
- Carbohydrate: 30.9g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 164mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 719mg
- Calcium: 308mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 Basic Crepes
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sliced onion and mushrooms to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until mushrooms release their moisture and darken. Stir in chicken, green onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and spinach.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour to pan; stir with a whisk until blended. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk; cook 5 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Pour milk mixture over chicken mixture; stir to combine.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture in the center of each crepe; fold ends and sides over. Place, seam side down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle crepes evenly with cheese. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note