Chicken & Spinach Bake
From Stacey Snacks via Martha Stewart
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Bread Torn in pieces
- 2 cups torn bread pieces
- 2 Tb olive oil
- Coarse salt & pepper
- 4-6 cups fresh spinach or chard, washed & chopped
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 Tb flour
- 11/2 cups hall 'n half
- 1 Tbp lemon juice
- 11/2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- combine bread chunks w/ 1 tb olive oil & s. & p
- In a large skillet heat olive oil & sauté onion & garlic for about 7 min. Until soft. Season w/ salt $ pepper
- Add white wine & cook 5 min until most f the wine evaporates
- Quickly, add flour to skillet & cook 30 seconds
- Gradually, add Half/ half & whisk until it becomes thick. Add lemon juice& boil briefly.
- Take pan off heat & add spinach until it wilts slightly. Add chicken and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 8 x 10 casserole dish
- Put bread chunks on top & pat down . Bake @ 375 for 15-20 min
- Let sit a few minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note