Great, simple dish and I would definitely make it again! I substituted fresh tomatoes for the can and added an extra 1/3 cup of water to make up for the water lost.
Chicken in Spicy Chipotle Sauce
This spicy chicken entrée is is soon to be a hot commodity at your house. Pair with rice for a perfect side dish.
More From Health
- Calories: 213
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 321mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, for serving
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt, chipotle powder, and oregano. Sauté chicken about 4 minutes or until golden brown on 1 side. Turn chicken over, and add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute.
- 2. Combine tomatoes, 1/3 cup water, and remaining salt, chipotle powder, and oregano in bowl. Add to pan with chicken; bring to boil. Reduce to simmer; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until chicken is almost done. Add corn and scallions; cook 2 minutes more or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and corn is heated through. Serve with lime wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note