Looks great but how is 8 grams of saturated fat and 36% fat "cooking light"?
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour
Amount per serving
- Calories: 413
- Fat: 16.4g
- Saturated fat: 7.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 583mg
- Calcium: 228mg
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (about 1/2 cup)
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 4 ounces processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta)
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 ounces Gruyère cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup packed)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen English peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 ounces French bread, torn into pieces
- 1. Combine 1 cup boiling water and porcini mushrooms in a bowl; let stand 20 minutes. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup soaking liquid. Chop porcini.
- 2. Cook pasta in boiling water with 2 teaspoons salt until almost al dente; drain. Rinse pasta with cold water, and drain.
- 3. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, chicken, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; sauté 5 minutes, turning to brown. Remove chicken. Melt butter in pan. Add cremini mushrooms and garlic; sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add flour; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4. Arrange rack in middle of oven. Preheat broiler to HIGH.
- 5. Combine reserved porcini liquid, broth, and milk. Gradually add broth mixture to pan, stirring constantly; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring frequently. Stir in processed cheese and cream cheese. Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Stir in Gruyère. Add porcini, pasta, chicken, peas, and chives; toss. Scrape pasta mixture into a broiler-safe 13 x 9-inch ceramic baking dish.
- 6. Place bread in a food processor; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Process until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle crumbs over pasta mixture. Place dish on middle rack in oven; broil 6 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes