- 1 (16-oz.) package vermicelli
- 1 (2-lb.) whole deli-roasted chicken*
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (16-oz.) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Remove chicken from bones; cut chicken into bite-size pieces, and set aside.
Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients; sauté 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add chicken, cheese cubes, and next 4 ingredients to vegetable mixture, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined. Add pasta, and toss to combine. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
*2 cups chopped cooked chicken may be substituted.