- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup peeled, shredded, seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- calories 213
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 6.6 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 3.8 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 29.3 g
- carbohydrate 9.3 g
- fiber 1.4 g
- cholesterol 67 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 831 mg
- calcium 95 mg
How to Make It
To prepare souvlaki, combine first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning bag once.
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
While chicken marinates, combine cucumber and next 4 ingredients, stirring well.
To prepare skewers, remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Thread chicken and zucchini alternately onto each of 4 (8-inch) skewers.
Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once.
Serve tzatziki sauce with chicken skewers.
for your toddler: Remove 1 to 2 chicken and zucchini pieces from the skewers. Cut the chicken and zucchini into bite-sized pieces. Serve the chicken and zucchini with a small spoonful of tzatziki sauce for dipping on a rimmed plate.