I've made this twice, it's great. Used turkey cutlets and added chunks of red bell pepper and onion to the skewers. The sauce was plenty spicy with 2 cloves of crushed fresh garlic and fresh ground pepper. Don't need to wring the water from the cucumber, and I agree with a previous rater that it makes extra sauce. Delicious!
Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 222
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4.4g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 309mg
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- 2 pounds boned, skinned chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-in. cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 4 garlic cloves (2 crushed, 2 minced)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 English cucumber, coarsely shredded
- 14 ounces nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Mix chicken, oil, wine, lemon juice, oregano, crushed garlic cloves, salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a bowl. Thread chicken onto 8 metal skewers.
- 2. Grill chicken, turning occasionally, until grill marks appear and meat is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3. Put cucumber in a kitchen towel and wring out any excess liquid. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add yogurt, minced garlic, remaining 1/4 tsp. pepper, and the vinegar and mix until combined. Serve with chicken and warm pita bread.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note