I use dill pickle juice instead of vinegar for the tzatziki and also added some paprika cilantro and dill to it. I also added some curry powder paprika and basil to the chicken and didnt use any salt for the chicken or in the tzatziki.
Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 222
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4.4g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 309mg
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- 2 pounds boned, skinned chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-in. cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 4 garlic cloves (2 crushed, 2 minced)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 English cucumber, coarsely shredded
- 14 ounces nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Mix chicken, oil, wine, lemon juice, oregano, crushed garlic cloves, salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a bowl. Thread chicken onto 8 metal skewers.
- 2. Grill chicken, turning occasionally, until grill marks appear and meat is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3. Put cucumber in a kitchen towel and wring out any excess liquid. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add yogurt, minced garlic, remaining 1/4 tsp. pepper, and the vinegar and mix until combined. Serve with chicken and warm pita bread.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes