- 6 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons shredded cucumber
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 16 (1/4-inch-thick) slices cucumber
- 16 (1/4-inch-thick) slices plum tomato
- calories 390
- fat 8 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 2.1 g
- protein 37.3 g
- carbohydrate 41.9 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 66 mg
- iron 4.3 mg
- sodium 398 mg
- calcium 103 mg
How to Make It
Combine yogurt, shredded cucumber, tahini, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl; set aside.
Combine remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice, olive oil, and next 4 ingredients (through chicken) in a small bowl. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Thread chicken pieces evenly onto 4 (8-inch) skewers. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 10 minutes or until done, turning every 2 minutes. Remove chicken from skewers.
Divide chicken evenly among pita halves. Fill each pita half with 2 tablespoons lettuce, 1 tablespoon onion, 2 cucumber slices, 2 tomato slices, and 1 tablespoon sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.