Chicken Soup And Filled Dumplings
- 1 (3-pound) broiler-fryer, cut up
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, cleaned and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- Filled Dumplings
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Combine chicken, onion, celery, carrot, parsley sprigs, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and water in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Remove chicken; set aside. Strain broth through several layers of damp cheesecloth. Reserve vegetables for other uses. Skim fat from broth. Return broth to Dutch oven.
- Remove chicken from bones; chop meat, reserving 2 tablespoons chopped chicken for use in Filled Dumplings. Add chopped chicken to broth.
- Bring broth to a boil. Reduce heat; add Filled Dumplings to broth. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup and Filled Dumplings into individual serving bowls; garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews