Chicken Soft Tacos
You may think of tacos as “fast foods,” but chicken soft tacos are a snap to prepare on a weeknight. You can customize them to your family’s tastes and let your children build their own.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 50 Minutes
- Calories: 391
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 30.1g
- Carbohydrate: 43.8g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 516mg
- Calcium: 176mg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Fresh Salsa
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 ounce shredded cheddar cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 ounce shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Sprinkle chicken with 1 1/4 teaspoons spice mixture. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until done. Cool slightly. Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- 4. While chicken bakes, add beans and chicken broth to remaining spice mixture in bowl; mash with a potato masher until blended. Place bean mixture in a small skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 5. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread about 2 tablespoons bean mixture over each tortilla. Top each with about 3 tablespoons chicken, 1 tablespoon salsa, 1 1/2 teaspoons sour cream, 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon Monterey Jack cheese, and 1/4 cup lettuce. Fold in half. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note