Easy, healthy, and oh so delicious!
Chicken Soft Tacos
Community Recipe from
- 2 teaspoon(s) chile powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 anaheim or poblano pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 head cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) chicken broth or other liquid
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 cup(s) jack cheese grated
- sour cream
- 1 avocado mashed
- Mix 1st 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub the chicken pieces with the spices. Sear chicken in a hot skillet in a small amount of oil. Mix together the chopped pepper, onion, tomato, and cilantro. Add this to surround the seared chicken, and cook until chicken is ready. Remove the chicken and the vegie mix. Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces, and mix with the vegies. Add chicken broth to the skillet, mix with the browned bits, bringing to a boil. Add the cabbage, and cook until slightly wilted.
- In a small skillet, heat the tortillas, 2 at a time.
- Assemble tacos on warm tortillas, with cheese, meat/vegie mix, cabbage, and top with sour cream, avocado, and fresh cilantro if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LouisePearl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note