Chicken Skewers with Yogurt-Cumin Sauce
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 skewer and about 1/3 cup sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 246
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 42.6g
- Carbohydrate: 8.8g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 449mg
- Calcium: 116mg
- 4 (10-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) carton plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 2)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Soak skewers in water 30 minutes.
- 2. While skewers soak, cut onion wedges in half lengthwise. Combine onion and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- 3. While chicken and onions marinate, combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, yogurt, cucumber, and green onions in a bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 4. Prepare grill.
- 5. Thread chicken and onions alternately onto skewers; discard marinade. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 15 minutes or until chicken is done, turning often. Serve with yogurt-cumin sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note