- 4 (10-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) carton plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 2)
- Cooking spray
- calories 246
- caloriesfromfat 12 %
- fat 3.4 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- protein 42.6 g
- carbohydrate 8.8 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- cholesterol 100 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 449 mg
- calcium 116 mg
How to Make It
Soak skewers in water 30 minutes.
While skewers soak, cut onion wedges in half lengthwise. Combine onion and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
While chicken and onions marinate, combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, yogurt, cucumber, and green onions in a bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Thread chicken and onions alternately onto skewers; discard marinade. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 15 minutes or until chicken is done, turning often. Serve with yogurt-cumin sauce.