- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 16 yellow baby pattypan squash (about 1 pound)
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 small tomatillos, halved (about 1/2 pound)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
How to Make It
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. On four 14-inch-long metal skewers, tightly thread the chicken, pattypans, red onion and tomatillos in an alternating pattern. Brush the skewers with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill the skewers over a medium-hot fire, turning frequently, until the chicken is just cooked through and the vegetables are lightly charred and barely tender, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mint, parsley, garlic, vinegar and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
Slide the chicken and vegetables off the skewers and onto plates. Spoon the vinaigrette on top, sprinkle with the feta and serve.
Notes: One serving 323 calories, 7 gm total fat, 2 gm saturated fat, 12 gm carb.